Race Day Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the event located? At the Pryor Creek Recreation Center at 1111 S.E. 9th Street in Pryor, OK.
- What time does the event start? The fun run begins at 8:30am. The 5k is at 9:00am. And the Mud Run heats are at 9:15, 10:00, and 10:30am.
- Where do I park? FREE Parking is available across from the Rec Center at the Pryor High School. However, ALL TRAFFIC MUST ENTER FROM WEST 9th STREET! Access on East 9th street will be closed on race day.
- When can I pick up my packet? All runners who register online or through the Wings Program may pick up their packet on Friday night, September 26th, at the PCRC gym from 4:00pm-6:00pm. You may also pick up your packet on race day starting at 7:30am.
- Where is the 5K Course? Click the graphic below to view the 5K course map
- Can I register the day of the race? Yes, you may register at the Race Day Registration tent on race morning starting at 7:30am. But please be aware that we will only have a limited number of tshirts available that morning for runners who did not pre-register, and they will be handed out on a first come first serve basis. The race fees will also go up on race day...$25 per race and no discounts or combo pricing allowed.
- Will there be awards given? There will be 5K medals given to the top 3 runners in each age group, both male and female, as well as top 3 male and female overall runners. There are no mud run awards this year.
- What's the difference between the fun run and the mud run? The fun run is a road race that begins on 9th street at 8:30am. Participants have the option of running a 1 mile loop, or turning around early and running a 1K which is a bit shorter. All children under the age of 12 who complete the Fun Run will be given a medal. The Mud Run will also begin on 9th street, but it will immediately turn onto the grass and into the first mud pit. It is also a 1 mile course, but it is full of mud pits and obstacles. Children and adults may run either or both races.
- Are parents allowed to run with their children for the fun run and mud run? Yes, parents may run with their children in the Fun Run. They do not need to register for the Fun Run, unless they want a tshirt. HOWEVER, parents running with their kids in the mud run need to register for one of the races and receive a wristband. We will not be allowing runners on the mud run course without a wristband. We strongly encourage children 8 and under to be accompanied by an adult.
- Is the Mud Run course safe for children? Yes, it is. We designed the mud run course with young children in mind. With that being said, there will be several children and adults on the course at one time, and we strongly recommend that young children under the age of about 8 years old be accompanied by an adult.
- Can we wear costumes to run in? Of course! We would love that. However, we will not be having a costume contest this year.
- What if it rains? The run will go on making it that much more fun!
- Is there a place to rinse off and change after the Mud Run? Yes, we will have 2 different shower systems set up for runners to rinse off. And we have a few changing tents available as well. Mud Runners will not be allowed in the Rec Center to change.
- What if I signed up and can't make it? Sorry, no refunds unless you are active military and get deployed.
- How long is the mud run course? 1 mile, which can be run twice.
- How far apart are the obstacles, how much running is involved? We are proud to say that there is not a ton of running required on our mud run course. We have packed a short mile with as many mud pits as possible. We do have the runners run the first stretch to help spread them out which eliminates a line at the first mud pit. And there is a long stretch at the end to allow runners a chance to catch their breath and rest before attacking 10 more pits the 2nd time around!